Tylorstown Rugby Football Club is a rugby union team from the village of Tylorstown , Wales . The club is a member of the Welsh Rugby Union and is a feeder club for the Cardiff Blues
Everyone at the Club is looking forward to the new Season in Division 2 East where we will be meeting some old friends from the past and making some new ones. With Scott Thomas 1st Team Captain and with Mike Ward as Development team Captain. the Club is looking forward to coming Season.
It is believed that rugby was played in Tylorstown from 1895, but it was not until 1903 that the club played under the name Tylorstown RFC. The first written publication of Tylorstown RFC playing was a match report in the Western Mail on 27 February 1905, in which the team played and lost against local Rhondda team, Llwynypia. Tylorstown RFC applied for and gained membership of the Welsh Rugby Union in 1937. The club has disbanded twice in their history, during both World Wars..
The teamís nickname, the Tigers, comes from their team strip which is amber and black hoops..